Hello my long lost friends! I’m back!! 🙂 First things first, before I dropped of the face of the blogging earth almost a month ago, one of my favorite bloggers, Bossy Moksie nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. YAHOO!!
I was hoping this meant that any day now I would be receiving a knock on my door (when I am wearing my pink robe and hair in curlers) by someone with TV cameras who would give me a giant check the size of my Prius (which call me crazy but I don’t think the bank will really let me deposit). But no one has come yet and I’ve just left the country so I’m not holding my breath on this one.
Anyway, thanks so much to my fellow blogging friend. It’s quite an honor. Please check out her blog which is a total treat to read on a regular basis. She always makes me laugh. Bossy Moksie is smart, sassy and hilarious and keeps it real with her perspective on life and her adventures with men. She’s priceless.
Now, if there is really no cash award coming, I was then hoping this would then be like the Academy awards where I could buy a new designer dress, thank all of the important people in my life and head of to a bunch of parties with hot handsome celebrities all while fondling my new naked gold Oscar figurine, but it turns out with this honorary recognition, no shopping is required and I need to do a little bit of work in return. Actually this one of the reasons I’ve been neglecting my blog. 😦
The rules for this award state as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you this award [in a post]. Done.
- Include a link to their blog. Check.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Hmm. I only follow about 5 other blogs, which means technically I need to find 10 more….
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – This is the work part because I’m picky… and have had a million other priorities the last couple of weeks….In process
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. – Strangely, the best things that come to mind are my deepest darkest secrets, so I’ll need to send her a confidentiality agreement to sign before doing so…. In Legal Dept for review.
Now, that is (half ass) done, I can at least move on and catch my posse up on what the heck as been going on the last few weeks. June was crazy and July is looking crazier. Let’s dive in shall we? More to come, as I’m boarding my next flight from Taiwan to Bali!!